The Centre for Social Transformation (CST) was incorporated in 2012 as a governance research think tank of the University of Makeni, seeking to contribute to research, advocacy and capacity building for sustainable democratic governance and development. CST concentrates on pro-poor governance policy research, advocacy and capacity building as a specific platform for influencing democratic principles and sustainable development.
Featuring a just and equitable society that promotes participatory governance and sustainable development.
CST is a research, capacity building and advocacy centre propmaoting sustainable governance and development.
The overall goal is to carry out civic education, research, policy analysis and advocacy for sustainable governance and development in the Sub Region.
CST’s Strategic Objectives
- To provide an interdepartmental structure for community-university partnership in research and leadership development.
- To provide certificate and diploma training courses in leadership, peace and conflict studies, ethics, politics and justice, and advocacy skills.
- To provide a forum for seminars, conferences, workshops and retreats for discussion of interdisciplinary issues related to learning principles of good governance.
- To provide a means for training robust civil society organisations to participate in programmes that hold governments in the West African Sub Region and leaders accountable to the pursuit of good governance.
- To develop, promote and implement a common ethical vision and praxis for all dimensions of development in Africa in support of the Millenium Development Goals.
- To foster professionalism within civil society, politics, business and religion, and build, through sensitization, education and training, institutions that serve the common good in Africa.