ABOUT THE DEAN OF STUDENT’S OFFICE
The Office of the dean of students at UNIMAK serves as an advocate for students by representing students’ interest and concern to the university authorities.
- Responsible for the academic and personal well-being of all students who enrol into the university by offering direct services through education, counselling, consultation and assistance to both general and individual student.
- PROVIDES assistance to students with problems that cannot be addressed by the Heads of Department (HOD’S), The Registry or Finance department
- Work with and over see the affairs and operations of the Students Representative Council (SRC)- student union government.
- Plan and over- see the conduct of SRC and ensures a peaceful transition from one government to the other.
- Serve as mediator among and between students
- Work with Student Support Service Team (S. S. S. T) to ensure student retention and successful completion of academic exercise in the University.
DEAN OF STUDENTS
NAME: MADAM JANE MAHOTA MATTIA
CONTACT: +232- 76-645679
MADAM JANE MAHOTA MATTIA holds a masters degree in Education with option in Guidance and counselling; a post graduate diploma in Human Resource management; a post graduate degree in Educational Administration; a HTC from the then Milton Margai Teachers College now MMCET.
UNIVERSITY OF MAKENI
Served as deputy registrar and lecturer at the University of Makeni where among other responsibilities, provided counselling services to applicants before and after admission into the program of study; Received and processed application forms for interview; Keep data on students and their activities, served as secretary to senate, Governing Council and other management meetings.
Served as the First Regional Head Officer and communication specialist for the Anti-Corruption Commission Office in Makeni. In charge of operation of the office in the region and report to head office, planned, organize and facilitate trainings, workshops and meetings with other stakeholders in the region on corruption matters. Ensure sensitization in the region on issues of corruption far and wide; among other responsibilities.
Teacher at the Government Technical Secondary School Congo Cross, Freetown and served as assistance to the Head of the Language Arts Department
THANKS FOR MOVING WITH UNIMAK AS WE BUILD A CEVILIZATION OF LOVE